Drone Training ClassName: Drone Training ClassDate: August 5, 2019 - August 7, 2019Website: Click here to register!Event Description:Come fly with Ranger College! This three day course takes you from learning to fly drones all the way through to preparing for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification.
Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (drones) are a dynamic, emerging technology that will literally transform industries and have an economic impact of $100 billion over the next four years.
This course is comprehensive, hands-on training that gives you all the vital skills and information you need to start piloting drones safely and legally. In addition to teaching safety best practices and piloting skills, we cover:
- the types of flight systems available
- their capabilities and which one would be best for your use
- we discuss how drones can be used in business and industry applications
- how to apply drone technology to bring efficiencies to business
- and we teach drone photography and videography skills.
This course is also designed to prepare operators to successfully pass the remote pilot knowledge test and achieve FAA remote pilot certification.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements:
Every student must bring a laptop computer that meets the following requirements;
- Operating System - Windows 7 or higher / Mac OS X 10.8 or higher
- CPU - Intel Cor i5 @ 3.4 GHz or equivalent
- Memory - 4 GB RAM
- Hard Drive - 2 GB available in hard disk
- Graphics Hardware - Direct X 9.3 or higher compatible graphics card
- Internet Connection DSL or higher
- Flying multirotor and fixed-wing drones
- Indoor flight training
- Diverse flight systems
- Registration and certification requirements
- Industry applications
- Featured systems (DJI, Yuneec, etc.)
- Emerging technologies
- FAA policies