Join the Stephenville Parks and Recreation Department for a July 4th Parade!
The parade will begin at the south entrance of the park, turn north on Graham, west by Rodeo Grounds, north on Belknap, then west on Washington. The parade will end at Harbin and Washington. *Please note altered parade route due to construction on Graham!
Click here to register for the parade!
**DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 2ND!**
Find the full schedule of events for the all day 4th of July Celebration (on July 3rd) HERE!
*Please note altered parade route due to construction on Graham!
1) Deadline for Entry: June 30th, 2021
2) ONLY VEHICLES AND FLOATS ACTUALLY PARTICIPATING IN THE PARADE WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE STAGING AREA. PLEASE MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS TO PARK NON-PARTICIPATING VEHICLES AWAY FROM THE PARADE ROUTE AND STAGING AREAS.
3) If you have multiple units in the parade, you must show up together to be placed in the parade line together.
4) Each unit must maintain its assigned position throughout the entire parade and keep a distance of no less than 20 feet and no more than 30 feet from the preceding unit. Always maintain your spacing – do not bunch up. Everyone must proceed in a forward motion no faster than 5 mph. At no time may any vehicle back up.
5) All animal units must provide their own clean-up crew that will remain with animals at all times. All animals must have updated vaccinations and be in good medical health and be able to cope with crowds, noise and other animals. The Parade Committee reserves the right to ban from the parade any animal, horse or rider deemed unsafe to other riders or spectators. All animals and horses must be in the control of the handlers at all times. Any animal deemed unsafe will be removed from the parade.
6) Trailer parking and staging for all animals will be in the open field located through the Splashville entrance in the City Park.
7) Each float/truck driver must be the holder of a valid driver’s license. The driver must stay with the float at all times, including when in staging area.
8) An adult must be on floats where there are children. The ratio of adults to children should be 1:5 for children under age 16.
9) IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, which may require police or fire vehicles, all entries are required to move to the far right.
10) NO alcoholic beverages on any parade entry at any time before or during the parade!
11) Please use good common sense, as safety is our primary concern for both participants and spectators.
12) All parade participants shall conduct themselves in a manner appropriate for a family audience of all ages, march in a peaceful and orderly fashion, and participate in a civil manner with respect to other participants and the public. Parade participants shall not use obscenity, profanity, defamation, threats, or fighting words. Participants may be removed from parade at the discretion of parade staff, city officials or law enforcement.