New babies are such a blessing, but they can also bring with them sleepless nights, crying, and sometimes a bit of extra stress. In our Happiest Baby Class new parents will learn step-by-step how to help their baby sleep better and how to soothe even the fussiest baby. This class is based on the approach to babies pioneered by Dr. Harvey Karp in his book and DVD "The Happiest Baby on the Block!"
Attend during pregnancy, or until baby is 3 months old. During the class, parents will learn:
• Why the idea colic is due to gas pains is mostly an old wives tale
• Why keeping the house quiet may actually be upsetting to many newborns
• Why most babies get more upset in the evening
• Why it is impossible to spoil young babies
• An easy way to help infants sleep for a few hours more at night
• Why fathers are often the best baby calmers in the family
Babies are welcomed in class. All participants will receive a Happiest Baby on the Block DVD. This class is the 4th class of the prepared childbirth series or can be a stand-alone class.
This class will be held in the Community Education Outreach Classroom 2, located north of the hospital. Please park in the parking lot in front of the building.
REFUND POLICY: To receive a refund you must cancel your class two weeks prior to the start of the class.
During bad weather, please call (254) 965-1262 and listen to the recorded message to find out if your class is cancelled. If bad weather occurs on the day of your scheduled class, you will receive an email and or phone call regarding class cancellations. If your class was cancelled, please call 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355) to reschedule.