Join the Follett Team where employees are valued, respected and offered career paths throughout its many campus locations.
Follett serves over half of the students in the United States, and works with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services and print and digital content. We're higher education's largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent. We take pride in the fact that for more than 140 years, we have been helping to improve people's lives by supporting a lifetime of learning and education.
We are looking for a results-driven Course Materials Manager to be responsible for the overall management of the Course Materials and Textbook area at the Tarleton Campus Store. In this role, The Course Materials Manager manages the course materials department operations at the bookstore including managing employee activities and provides hands-on technical and functional guidance in accomplishing financial objectives and projects. This role will also offer maximum exposure to all levels of management, including campus administration in daily operations of the business. The successful candidate will be able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage staff effectively.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for an industry leader at a premier campus location, and want to pursue a rewarding career path, consider joining Follett, where employees are considered the cornerstone of Follett's business.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervises the Course Materials area including scheduling associate hours, assigning and evaluating work as well as interviewing, hiring and training new employees, including full-time, part time and seasonal temporary associates.
- Manages affective supervision to drive course materials sales while maintaining exceptional customer service and course materials department standards.
- Assists customers and provides guidance to department associates around course materials buying decisions (new, used, rental and digital).
- Coordinates sales promotion activities, develops and executes advertising strategies and prepares course materials and other related products for display.
- In partnership with store manager, presents, interacts and influences faculty, department chair(s), Dean and/or administration on course materials issues ensuring resolution of any issues.
- Development of strategy and goal for the Department and/or Store.
- Call publishers to verify price, availability, or order status.
- Works with the Store Manager to analyze buyback trends, enrollment figures, adoption forms to determine order quantities and actively manage disposition of text and inventory management.
- Maintains course information, used book information, enrollment figure and inventory figures in the Store's database to ensure decisions are accurate.
- Prefer 3-5 years previous textbook experience, including 1 - 3 years retail supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, minimum an Associate's Degree.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving skills customer service, communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Proven experience with POS and inventory systems required.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Academic retail experience a plus, but not required.
View more job openings from other local businesses and organizations HERE!