Typical Duties: Duties may include but are not limited to, the following:
1. Perform a wide variety of routine procurement work, including issuing purchase orders, managing procurement cards, processing invoices, assisting Purchasing Manager with yearly contracts and bids, ordering cell phones, drafting letters or memos, filing, and managing fixed assets.
2. Provide assistance to the Purchasing Manager, Utilities Department, Street Department or Parks Department as needed.
3. Clerical work including making copies, sending faxes, preparing and mailing letters as needed, distributing mail, running errands, answering phones and greeting customers.
4. Keep supplies ordered and stocked for MSC building and departments. Track and reconcile spending on MSC items for budget purposes using Excel spreadsheets.
5. Arrange and coordinate all MSC building repairs.
6. Pull together and place maintenance uniforms order for Utilities, Street and Parks Departments.
7. Coordinate community service workers, and perform all needed paperwork including sign in sheets, workers log, letters to the probation offices and/or justice of the peace, and expungement documents.
8. Coordinate the selling of all items sold by the City. Take pictures, prepare descriptions and send to the online auction company. Monitor disbursement of items once sold.
9. May perform other tasks as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
•Must be a United States Citizen or be able to legally work in United States;
•Must have a high school diploma or GED;
•Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and have and maintain a satisfactory driving record;
•Ability to communicate (read, write, and speak) effectively in the English language;
•Must be proficient in the operation of personal computers, peripheral office equipment such as printers, faxes, copiers, calculators and other office equipment;
•Must be proficient in and have extensive experience using Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, and Outlook;
•Experience in procurement preferred.
Majority of work is performed in an office setting and may be subject to ordinary risks typically found in an office environment.
This position requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time in the day-to-day functions of the position. The position may also require repetitive hand movement from time to time and fine coordination in typing documents using a computer. Must be able to lift, drag, hold, pull, push and carry objects weighing up to 30 lbs. (such as file storage boxes), assisting others employees in the office, and moving or removing stored records. Position also requires the ability to communicate effectively, courteously, and clearly in English, verbally and in writing with staff, and possibly the public on occasion.
Click here to learn more about the City of Stephenville!
Click here to apply!
Click here to view more job openings!