Monday – Friday
7:00 am – 3:30 pm, mandatory overtime as needed
$12.00 per hour or DOE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interprets design orders and creates upholstery stencils.
- Selects and sources upholstery materials.
- Measures and cuts leather or fabric with the aid of design stencils.
- Sews and finishes upholstery fabrics.
- Troubleshoots errors for highest quality outcomes.
- Operates sewing machine.
- Cleans and maintains an organized work area.
- Meets production schedule deadlines.
- Follows approval guidelines with precision and attention to detail.
- Knows and practices safety procedures.
- Cut or trim fabric or leather
- Distinguish colors
- Inspect products or materials for damage, defects, or shortages
- Recognize characteristics of cloth or fabric
- Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
- Measure, weigh, or count products or materials
- Measure and mark reference points or cutting lines on workpieces
- Spread fabric or clothing article on worktable or ironing board
- Read work order, instructions, formulas, or processing charts
- Operates sewing machine
- Must have basic knowledge of sewing machines (how to thread, adjust tension, properly cut fabric, etc.)
- Ability to read a measuring tape down to the 8th of an inch
- Ability to handle physical workload, lift up to 30 pounds
- Strong attention to detail; sharp eye
- Ability to focus and prioritize tasks
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Reading Comprehension
- Sewing: 1 year preferred
- Sewing machine experience: 1 year preferred
- Basic Mathematics
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds