Job Title: Plateline Operator
Location: Dublin, TX
Summary: Our Plateline Operator is responsible for operating various machines within our shop, as well as handling the material that is administered through the machines.
Benefits: Employee health insurance coverage, 50% matching 401(k) package, and $10,000 life insurance policy. Comprehensive dental, vision, and supplemental life insurance options are also available. PTO available after 1 year. 7 paid holidays.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe machine during operation to monitor quality of finished product and/or material issues, adjusting machine as necessary
- Download or generate computer programs to direct machine for proper operation and specification for job as needed.
- Set up and operate machines with proper tooling and consumables for current job needs.
- Maintain material reporting and plan best material usage to maximize finished products with least amount of raw material used.
- Use lifting devices such as cranes, forklifts or other equipment to place materials/parts where needed.
- Use measuring tools such as tape measure, calipers, micrometers, etc. to perform First Piece Inspection and other quality checks before, during and after production to confirm material and/or product meets specifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Prior experience in manufacturing/fabrication shop is preferred but not required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Positive attitude and desire to work as a team player
- Follow safety procedures including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very loud
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Apply in person or online only. No phone calls please.
Apply online at: https://www.primebldg.com/job/plateline-operator/