Job Title: Forklift Operator/Shipping Yard
Location: Dublin, TX
Summary: Our Forklift Operator is responsible for moving goods, loaded pallets and equipment safely and securely in and out of the steel yard.
Benefits: Employee health insurance coverage, 50% matching 401(k) package, and $10,000 life insurance policy. Comprehensive dental, vision, and supplemental life insurance options are also available. PTO available after 1 year. 7 paid holidays.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to operate and move forklift safely and efficiently
- Ability to safely stack and unstack materials onto, shelves, pallets, trucks, and within the yard.
- Regularly check equipment to determine flaws or maintenance needs
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Prior experience in manufacturing/fabrication shop is preferred but not required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete and pass forklift certification if not already obtained
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Positive attitude and desire to work as a team player
- Ability for cross training in other areas of the plant
- Follow safety procedures including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very loud
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Apply in person or online only. No phone calls please.
Apply online at: https://www.primebldg.com/job/forklift-operator-shipping-yard/