Outlaw Conversions is seeking qualified carpenter/craftsman who can effectively multi-task in fast pace manufacturing plant. The builder will cut, fabricate, and install wooded and other structures according to specifications. Ideal candidate should have great dexterity and an eye for detail and must have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Qualified individual must be able to work with little supervision while following all health and safety standards. The goal is to contribute to the production line of strong and long lasting cabinets and other wood products. Position requires constant standing, walking, bending, twisting, squatting, reaching, and grasping. Position requires occasional lifting up to 100lbs.
Primary Job Duties
- Follow proper machine operation and protocols
- Read drawings, schematics, and sketches to fully grasp building requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape, smooth material according to specifications
- Build doors by using raw materials or pre-cut items
- Assemble cabinets, shelves, doors, frames and other items
- Inspect each piece for quality control
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality & report needs to maintenance personnel for repair/adjustments
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines always
- High School Diploma/GED
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Moderate understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measuring tools (powered saws, drills, hammers, rules, etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Basic understanding of math
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Ability to handle fast-pace, high-stress job demands
- Excellent communications abilities
- Previous experience as carpenter, craftsman, builder, and/or remodeler
- Experience in working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in performing basic programing functions
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Physical Abilities:
- Must be able to sometimes lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to twist, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb and will frequently be required to stand or walk for the duration of a shift.
- Must be able to work 8-12-hour shifts in Texas temperatures that can range from -20 to 100+ degrees F
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must exhibit an attention to detail in all aspects of the job.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and complete checklists, daily paperwork, and other documents.
- Must be able to read measuring tape in Standard US Measuring system accurately.
- Must be able to balance team and individual responsibilities
- Must maintain consistent and dependable attendance and punctuality marks.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Policies
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Job Hours: Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30pm (or later pending the needs of Production) *Some Saturdays required
Compensation: starting at $12.00 per hour
Outlaw Conversions Expectations:
- Consistency, Coachability, Accountability
- Must be dependable (report to work as scheduled, remain at work as scheduled, and be on time)
- Deliver first-class high-quality products. We believe in doing the job right the first time.
- Holds safety in high regard, follows all safety rules for equipment and general operations.
Outlaw Conversions was founded in July of 1996 in Stephenville, Texas. Our primary business line is the manufacturing of custom living quarters for horse trailers. Production is provided through relationships with some of the largest custom horse trailer manufacturers in the United States. These relationships allow Outlaw Conversions to be marketed through a nationwide dealer network of the manufacturer. From coast to coast and border to border, Outlaw Conversions has a dealer in each region of the United States.
“Our mission is to provide our customers the best possible satisfaction, safety, service and value by utilizing the finest in quality materials, workmanship, beauty and design in the production of the ultimate living quarters.”
Outlaw Conversions employs people that thrive in a fast paced environment, who are able to adapt to the needs of the manufacturing industry and the workflow of a busy production floor. The carpenter/craftsman will provide support to production managers, supervisors and floor staff by contributing to the construction of wood pieces that are high in quality.
APPLY in person at 1000 Airport Rd, Stephenville TX or send resume to email@example.com