Human Resources Team Leader
Manage the total human resources function at the plant, including recruitment and selection, employee relations, work life balance, partner morale, communications, wage and benefit administration, safety, training and development, compliance to all regulatory agencies relating to employment, policy administration, and union relations. Works closely with leadership in developing and implementing policies and programs to meet the goals and needs of the organization through the most effective and efficient use of human resources.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the HR activities for the HR function at the location.
- Implement and maintain Schreiber standard policies and practice in order to achieve superior work processes related to staffing and selection, performance evaluation processes, employment law, corrective feedback and action, partner training and development, work life balance and maximize partner morale.
- Develop standard work for HR roles and drive the process to improve individual and team performance.
- Provide meaningful feedback as well as identify opportunities for continuous improvement. Implement SPS processes to achieve results.
- Implement ownership cultural training and reinforce with both partners and leaders to assure positive partner relations.
- Lead compliance efforts with regulatory agencies such as EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, and Affirmative Action. In Union location, primary contact in relationship with local union and administration of labor agreement.
- Administer the plant safety program with responsibility for all safety administration except environmental safety.
- Develop a strategic business relationship with plant business groups that measure and improve performance of the location related to partner morale, cost, safety, quality, teamwork and are aligned with the business goals.
- Partner with the Plant Manager to develop and motivate the leadership team and hourly partners to high levels of involvement in Process Excellence, productivity and morale.
- Assure that TA development, IDP’s and calibration processes are well defined and operational.
- Lead the Strategic Workforce Planning initiative that involves:
- Shift structure; crew deployment; head count; and position design & classification to maximize partner schedule stability & predictability, minimize OT, and reduce overall labor costs.
- This includes maintaining appropriate staffing for both hourly and salaried openings.
- Hire the Best of the Best hourly partners to maintain a world class operation.
- Drive the plant leadership recruiting process to include subsequent orientation and training.
- Participate on teams that develop competitive wage, incentive and benefit programs for the plant. Assure programs meet plant goals and constraints are properly communicated to partners and conform to government regulations.
- Partner with the local community organizations to foster a positive community relationship.
- Partner with counterparts in other plants to encourage creative alternatives and consistent application.
- Coordinates Customer Audits - Code of Conduct audits, Sociability audits, Sustainability audits or similar.
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors in Business, HR or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Directly related HR experience within a manufacturing environment
- General understanding of organizational behavior, compensation and related disciplines
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Forward thinking
- Ability to evaluate the financial impact of various labor deployment approaches
- Data base (Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the company’s success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Click here to apply!