THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Performs basic work using clearly prescribed procedures. Seeks advice and guidance for any deviations from the norm.
2. Reads gas meters for residential commercial and industrial customers. Records readings for billing purposes.
Other Duties/ Responsibilities:
1. Identifies addresses and reports safety and encroachment issues.
2. Is responsible for the safe operation and inspection of assigned Company vehicles and equipment.
3. Demonstrates support for and adheres to the Company's values strategies policies and procedures and learns the core values of AtmoSpirit Customer Service Safety and the Company's Code of Conduct, both as an individual contributor team member and/or leader of others.
4. Must become familiar with the contents of the Safety Manual, live by the spirit of its intent, and become involved in creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
5. Must complete all required safety training.
- Requires a general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Requires a valid driver's license.Certificates Licenses etc.
- While in this level completes Meter Reading 101 workshop and completes companion Operator Qualification (OQ) and OJT.
- Must maintain position OQ any other required OQs and classroom training or certifications.
- Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide basic factual information.
- Requires the ability to perform basic addition subtraction multiplication and division.
- Requires basic computer skills for data entry reference and/or retrieval tasks.
- Works in an outdoor environment.
- Requires some physical requirements such as lifting and moving objects up to 60 pounds
- Extensive walking to read meters and operation of hand and mechanical equipment.
- Requires the acute sense of sight and hearing (corrected or uncorrected) and strong sense of smell.
- Requires visual attention to detail in reading meter numbers accurately and recording them for billing purposes.
- As a Safety-Sensitive position pre and post employment screenings including but not limited to drug testing as outlined by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) and motor vehicle record (MVR) background checks are required.
Atmos Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national, origin, age, disability, or veteran status.