Part-Time Recreation Assistant
Under general supervision of the Recreation Coordinator. Position is highly visible involving constant contact with the general public, vendors and sponsors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Scorekeeps for youth and adult sports.
- Supervises youth and adult games.
- Develops a positive relationship with the public.
- Assists in concessions and other areas of the park.
- Assists the full-time recreation staff with day to day operations.
- Assists in general computer and routine clerical work and/or projects.
- Assists day to day customer service desk operations.
- Assists staff with coordinating and implementing special events and programs.
- Seeks sponsorships and donations for recreation activities.
- High school diploma or a GED equivalent and one year recreation, receptionist or customer service experience.
- Skills to type 25 words per minute and knowledge in using MS Word, Windows, and Excel.
- Pleasant and distinct telephone voice, good verbal fluency and grammar, and a well-groomed professional appearance.
- Must be flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to attend trainings and workshops.
- Flexibility to assist with athletic leagues, special events, and programs on evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to be helpful and provide service.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and telephone operations.
- Ability to interact well with all types of people and convey a cheerful and positive image for the City of Stephenville.
- Able to arrive at work every day on time as scheduled.
- Non-smoker preferred.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with preparation of various memos and reports.
- Maintains informational printed and/or digital material at customer service desk.
- Maintains records of all media announcements and/or articles related to the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to read a computer screen or documents, grasp, handle, feel, type, listen, hear, reach, see, speak, walk, and sit for long periods. The employee is frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, carry, and lift up to 30lbs. Work is generally performed in a climate-controlled office with some exposure to outdoors in extreme weather conditions